Methodologies the facility can support:
The facility can support a wide variety of techniques, this is not an exhaustive list. We can image structures between 2 cm and 50nm.
- Fixed imaging of fluorescent or colour labelled cells, tissues, organoids.
- Confocal imaging including 3D volume imaging and spectral imaging
- Live cell techniques - Fast transient imaging and long term live imaging
- F-Techniques: FRET, FRAP, RICS
- Imaging of multiwell plates & miniscreens - see Drug discovery for screening.
- Slide scanning (with Pathology facility)
- Super-resolution, Structured Illumination Microscopy (SIM) Single Molecule Localisation Microscopy including PALM + STORM.
- Total Internal Reflection Fluorescent imaging.