More details about facility procedures:
The AIR like all other IGMM services works core hours 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Out of hours assistance is available upon request in advance
We ask that
· You are trained by facility staff when you use a new type of equipment
· You follow our SOPs when using equipment including leaving the equipment and surroundings clean and tidy
· You book equipment use on the calendar in your name
· You have risk assessments for your work in place
· You let facility staff know if you have a problem with the equipment or there is an accident
· You transfer your data to networked storage within 6 months of acquiring it.
· You work with facility staff and the other users respectfully, this includes not block booking equipment i.e. (no more than one 4 hour booking per day for fixed imaging between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Out of hours sessions can be longer) and ensuring all settings are at the facility default at the end of your session
Training: Facility users need to be trained on each new modality they use. Please see here for this. Each webpage represents a modality, so if you already are already trained to use an upright microscope (e.g. Britemac) you don't need training to use another one (e.g. Mac red) but you would need training to use a confocal. For training please email email@example.com The AIR staff are employed to support AIR equipment. We can, at our discretion advise about non AIR equipment but are not obliged to provide support. The workshop are able to provide support for equipment repairs and can be contacted here.